rss
email
twitter
facebook

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Don't uninstall Steam using CCleaner

I was doing some housekeeping for my primary HDD recently when suddenly my Steam client got corrupted and unable to launch games. So I did the same as with many problematic applications that I have; uninstall and reinstall it. As usual, I uninstalled it with CCleaner, as how I uninstalled everything on my PC. Took longer than usual but it uninstalled. Which come to my surprise when I realize that all of the games in my Steam folder was also wiped out. Nooooooooooooooo! Well, too late to regret. Checked on a few forum on the net and they said there were an option of what to uninstall when removing Steam but it didn't prompt when I uninstall it using CCleaner. So there you have it, wiped out around 25GB of games that now needs to be redownloaded. Luckily all of the save game files are stored on different parts of the PC and it is safe and also lucky it was on Steam so it can never actually be lost since I still own the game on Steam. Lost all of my Non-Steam games shortcut though. These are the games that I lost and need to be redownloaded. Games in Italic are games that I haven't even played or played less than one hour as of yet:
  1. Alien Swarm
  2. And Yet It Moves
  3. Borderlands
  4. Devil May Cry 4
  5. DiRT 2
  6. Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time
  7. Eufloria
  8. Gish
  9. Half-Life 2
  10. Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
  11. Half-Life 2: Episode 1
  12. Half-Life 2: Episode 2
  13. Half-Life 2: Lost Coast
  14. Iron Grip: Warlord
  15. Jolly Rover
  16. Left 4 Dead 2
  17. Overlord
  18. Overlord: Raising Hell
  19. Overlord II
  20. Peggle Extreme
  21. Portal
  22. Puzzle Agent
  23. Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
  24. Red Faction: Guerilla
  25. Team Fortress 2
  26. VVVVVV
  27. World of Goo
Note to self: Backup game when uninstalling Steam.

3 things were said:

anas said...

o__O gila banyak game hilang. haha. btw. saje nk bgtau ni. xbox aku dah totally rosak T___T

Rayza Ridzuan said...

RROD AT LAST! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

owh well. tade rezeki. so ape plan kau? hantar repair? BELI PS3? atau biar je?

anas said...

ntaaaah. igt nk kmpul duit dulu. tp xtau nk beli either ps3 or xbox slim. dua2 best. haihhhhhh :((