rss
email
twitter
facebook

Saturday, December 20, 2008

My college's Foundation students motivational talk

The motivational talk was being held on the morning of 20th December 2008, which is on a Saturday. For your information, I am someone who goes home from college every single weekend. Well due to many factors of course such as free food, cleaner toilet, and more comfortable beds. But the most important this is I get to go online! Which is the main reason why I go home on the Friday afternoon although the motivational talk is just the morning a day after. Why waste energy and time? Well, because I just love going online late at night. There's a sense of serenity to it. And joy.

So the night before I had to wake up early in the morning, I slept around 4.30 due to some Skype activities. So you guys must be thinking "Wow this guy is one lousy planner who doesn't manage his sleep at all!" Well, you're partially correct. My sleeping hours is all over the place but hey, for some reason I can postpone my sleep hours and replace it later. For example; if I sleep for only 4 hours tonight, I can replace the remaining 4 hours of sleep the following day, or recently, I didn't even replace my sleep. Huhu.

Ok back on track. So I asked a very dear person to me to wake me up at 6.40am. I did wake up. But since my dad can send me to the bus station, in which I had to take a bus to my college, gave me around an hour of spare time in which I utilized to the fullest by some extra sleeping time. Hehe. But thanks to the person who woke me up earlier to that I slept with my subconcious mind still perfectly awake. Can you do it? Hehe I can. So I woke up at 7.30am, took a shower, had cereals for breakfast, and got sent to Kajang's bus station to catch a bus. The bus didn't have air-cond for God's sake! I don't know whether the AC unit of the bus is broken or maybe the driver is just feeling cold, but you know what happens when air doesn't circulate in a confined space, the incubation of odors. I ignore all of that and took the available oppoturnity to semi-sleep. Hehe.

So the bus arrived to the bus station at exactly 9am, in which the talk is supposed to start. The bus station from my college is about 500m away so I had to walk. When I got there thank God the talk hasn't started yet because the speakers close the door before they start talking in which late entry will induce people to look at you as the center of attraction when you're opening the door. Ok wouldn't need that extra publicity. So the talk went on continuously with no 5 minutes break whatsoever until 12.30pm. Luckily the speakers wasn't as stale as stale bread and they really managed to keep us awake. It was fairly entertaining. They do have a good sense of humor though. Luckily. There was also a session in which they would call a volunteer to break an arrow. Yes that arrow. How? By pressing the pointy part of the arrow against a spot below your neck. Touch for the softest part on the lowest part of your neck. Yes that was where the pointy part of the arrow applied on in order to break it. Well the tip of the arrow is not as sharp as a spear as all of you have in mind now. It's pretty blunt actually but with velocity, it does penetrate stuffs.

So before they press that arrow against that part of the volunteer's body, they asked him to call upon his closest friend to give some supporting word. Out of no where he suddenly said my name! I barely know this kid and truthfully I'm a little annoyed by his childish attitude. So at first I thought,"Ok this must be another guy named Rezza or Redza or any other spelling that brings the same pronunciation". Still in a state of disbelief I look everywhere around the hall in hopes that he meant some other guy. And then he pointed at me. Ok now this guy is really freaking me out. When did I became his closest friend is beyond my knowledge. So the speakers asked me to say some final words before he goes on with it. Refusing to think hard for a good thing to say, I just said "Have fun". Everyone laughed. Yeah I guess that is a pretty good dark sarcasm I have there. A pat on the back for myself. Hehe.

After all of that, the talk ended on 12.30pm. The talk was ok. Nothing I didn't know or heard already. Still a worthwhile though. The jokes alone is a good reason for travel I guess. And there was a quote that the speaker quoted from another quoter and I do think it's a very good quote that I want to share with everyone, and everyone should trust it too. Regardless of who you are.

In the end, everything is going to be OK. If it's not OK, then it's not the end

4 things were said:

Anonymous said...

the talks sounds very fun like what u said "have fun"..hehe
wau!!n i knw the person who called u that morning really loves u!

Rayza Ridzuan said...

ehehe ye la budak tu sesuka dia je claim I ni best friend die. yg pagi2 tu dia miskol je sebenarnye. tapi eh mane you tau dia sayang I ni. memandai je you.

ryhaann said...

ahaha ray. aku pun ada 'gift' regarding to the sleep disorder jugak! :D

Rayza Ridzuan said...

haha tu la. tp tak elok utk kesihatan la plak.