rss
email
twitter
facebook

Monday, December 29, 2008

My new PC

Since I started college, I have been planning to get a PC instead of a laptop that everybody uses in college. So on the 26/12 I went to the famous IT spot in Malaysia, Low Yat Plaza. I've always wanted to custom build my PC so I did. The budget was something below RM3000, minus the monitor. Well it didn't got that high. It was "just" RM2600++. Want to know what I got for that much? I'll tell you in a bit. But first let me tell you about the day.

I went to Low Yat Plaza with my whole family excluding my younger sister. So we got out of house at noon. Just in time for the Friday prayers. After the prayers, I and my father walked to Sungei Wang Plaza to join the rest of my family for lunch at KFC. After that we walk to Low Yat Plaza and went straight to a computer retail store named Thunder Match. There I got a staff and told him the parts I need. All of the parts are from that store except for the processor which I got from PC3 and the speaker is from AllIT. The processor was a pain to look for and the speaker took a number of stores too. The monitor was courtesy of my father. He happened to have an extra one. The PC assembly was also done by the technical team of the store too free of charge. When I got home I only have to install the OS and the drivers. And the end of the day, I still found all I wanted. So here are the parts of my PC:

  • Processor - Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 8MB Cache Dual Latency
  • Motherboard - Asus P5K PRO 775
  • Memory - Kingston HyperX DIMM 4GB DDR2 800MHz
  • HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 500GB 32MB SATA
  • Graphic Card - Asus nVIDIA GeForce 9500GT 512MB GDDR3 w/HDMI
  • Disk Drive - Lite-On DVD+/-RW 20x Dual Layer
  • Casing - iCute P4 ATX 500W Black w/ blue neon
  • OS - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium
  • Mouse - Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer
  • Keyboard - HP ergo-Keyboard
  • Speaker - Sonic Gear Evo 3 Pro
  • Monitor - HP L1908w 19" Widescreen LCD Monitor
In short, I'm very happy. Now I have my own PC. A high end PC to top it off. I'm very grateful. And it's a PC . So I can upgrade the parts as time goes by. I'm thankful to my parents for forking out money for this (half of which is mine) and also God for answering my prayers. Hehe. Now let's get cracking!















P/S: rase cam nak tambah lg 4GB RAM. Huhu.

5 things were said:

anas said...

waaaahH. sumpah besH gleR.

aku nk jugaaaaaaK!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaH!.....

Anonymous said...

bestnyer!!jeles!!jeles!!huhuhu
and alhamdulillah akhirnyer dpt beli dlm mase yg takla lame sgt kene tunggu..
boleh pnjm pc??heheh

Rayza Ridzuan said...

anas - ahaha thanks ok la ni. alhamdullilah dpt gak. yg aku risau takut nanti bukan gune utk wat assignment lak. huhu.

alyaa - yup! Alhamdullilah. Nak pinjam? Ehehe meh la dtg sini pakai. huhu.

ryhaann said...

gempak sial pc kau!!

Rayza Ridzuan said...

ahaha tengkiu tengkiu